Plain tea towels
Chosen fabric - 11" x width of tea towel plus 1/2"
Ribbon or tape for hanging 7"
Other ribbon or trim as required.
2. Cut your fabric using the width measurement from step 1 and cutting the length to 11".
3. Fold the cut fabric in half matching the two long sides and with right sides facing and press. Then take 7" of hanging tape or ribbon and fold in half. Open up the fabric and pin the folded tape just below the pressed line as shown.
4. Fold the fabric back in half and then stitch using 1/4" seam allowance, along both the short edges.
5. Turn right sides out and press. Tuck the bottom end of the tea towel inside the fabric sleeve just made.
6. Pin the tea towel right to the top of the fabric and stitch along to hold tea towel in place.
7. Turn under the bottom edge of the fabric by 1/2" and press. Then pin the bottom edge flat to the tea towel and stitch along that edge.
8. Add trim as required.